Mini Quiche (makes 12)
3 egg whites
2 cups spinach
1/4 cup onion and peppers, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup almond milk
6 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a muffin tin.
- Saute the onions/peppers until soft, add spinach, garlic, and continue to saute until spinach wilts.
- Whisk together the whole eggs, egg whites, milk, until mixed and foamy. Stir in the veggie+ spinach mixture.
- Push the bacon into each muffin hole by gently pressing it in the bottom so the bacon creates the crust for each muffin.
- Pour the egg mixture into each muffin tin, cook for 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked through and becomes fluffy. Serve warm or cold, and will keep in a Tupperware in the fridge for at least 1 week. 1-3 would be a breakfast serving!
Simple Sweet Potato Hash Recipe (makes about 4 servings)
- Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Medium Sweet potatoes
- salt & pepper to taste, garlic
- OPTIONAL if having alone: 2 eggs + 4 egg whites
1. Take 2 sweet potatoes, dice into 1 inch cubes. Heat a olive oil in a large skillet on medium/high heat.
2. Cook the diced potatoes in the hot oil for about 20 minutes until cooked through & a little crispy. During cooking season with salt, pepper, and garlic is desired. You can also add spicy seasonings, whatever you prefer.
**Now if having as an all in one breakfast, don’t forget the protien. Add eggs! Simply add eggs on top of the potatoes as they finish cooking. Lower heat to medium/low. Cover pan & cook eggs until done.