My top 3 favorite fall slow cooker recipes!
With fall coming, I will be breaking out the crock pot more than ever. I love using my crock pot to cook, it is quick, convenient, and can be so healthy. There are endless amount of recipes you can make, many of them super healthy and easy to throw together. These are not made from scratch (who has time for that) but these are the healthiest ways I know how to make these yummy recipes! Here are my top favorite slow cooker recipes for fall!
Healthy Pot Roast
• 3 pounds chuck roast
• salt and ground black pepper to taste
• 1 package Mrs. Dash Pot Roast
• 2 onions, chopped
• 2 pounds little red potatoes, cubed
• 3 carrots, chopped
• 1 stalk celery, chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 8 hours
Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper. Transfer roast to a slow cooker. Mix the Mrs. Dash seasoning packet with 1 cup water. Add seasoning with water, cover and cook on Low for 5 hours. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, and parsley. Cover and cook on Low until roast is tender and cooked through, 3 additional hours.
Crock Pot Chili
• 1 lb lean ground turkey
• 1 medium yellow onion diced
• 1 tsp Cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
• 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
• 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 15 oz can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 can diced tomatoes (I used Hunts 100% natural diced tomatoes)
• 2 cups of frozen corn
• 30-33 oz of tomato sauce (you can use 2 cans or 1 carton. I used Hunts 100% natural tomato sauce)
• In a large skillet over medium/high heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and cook 1 lb ground turkey until cooked through and it loses its raw color.
• Add diced onion, cumin powder, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are softened and meat is lightly browned. Transfer to your crock pot. Add black beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes and corn. Add tomato sauce and stir to combine. Cook in crock pot for 4 hours on low. You can garnish with shredded cheese. I also added sliced avocado to my bowl of chili
Crock Pot Spaghetti with Spaghetti Squash
2 lbs lean ground turkey
1 package turkey Italian sausage
1 large jar of Sauce (healthiest – Amy’s Light in Sodium Family Marinara, Dell’Amore Original Recipe, Victoria Low Sodium Marinara, or light Ragu no Sugar added).
1 spaghetti squash
Add ground turkey/sausages with Italian seasoning, garlic, and onions to crock pot. Add sauce. Cook on high for 4 hours. Once you are ready, prepare the squash.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Take the squash cut in half and scrape out seeds.
- Season the spaghetti squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place flesh side down in a glass dish, add water 2 cover bottom and roast for 40 minutes until fully cooked (optional: cover with tin foil).
Once squash is done remove from the oven and let it cool down.
When squash is cool enough to handle, scrape the strands of squash from the inside of the skin. Put into plate, cover with the meat sauce!
Crock Pot Mexican Chicken
Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime
Take frozen boneless skinless chicken breast place in crock pot and Mrs. Dash Salt Free Fiesta Lime seasoning and ½ cup of salsa. Cook on high for 4 hrs. or on low for 6…when chicken will shred with fork it is done. -Serve over brown rice and/or black beans -Make chicken tacos/burritos w/ whole wheat wraps
There you have it, my top favorite slow cooker recipes for fall! These are easy, healthy, and yummy! What are your favorite recipes? What kinds of recipes do you want to see more of? Comment and let me know.