If your plain old grilled chicken salad is getting a little boring…try these yummy recipes to get you out of your salad rut!
Caresse Salad with Grilled Steak
- Take 2 diced tomatoes, 1/2 of 4oz. mozzarella ball chopped, 1/4 cup basil, 1 clove minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a bowl…mix and toss. Cover and refrigerate.
- Seasoning steak (flank steak) in a large bag with, 1 tablespoon spicy mustard, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cover steak, then cook on grill until done.
- Then top chopped steak and tomato mix onto mixed greens, drizzle about 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar. Done!
- Start with chopped spinach, kale, and romaine.
- Add diced red, green, yellow peppers, 1/2 onion, 1/4 cup shredded carrots, 1 chopped hard boiled egg, and 1/4 cup chopped cabbage.
- Toss in balsamic vinegar + extra virgin olive oil.
- To finish top with: grilled chicken, steak, salmon, or turkey.
avocado BLT Salad
- Take chopped romaine lettuce, add 2 slices low sodium chopped bacon, 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, 1 hard boiled egg, chopped onions and peppers, and tablespoon of sunflower seeds.
- Top with avocado dressing:
- 1/2 avocado, pit removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- Pinch of salt
- blend and serve
here are some other ways to spice up your salad:
- Hot peppers
- Green olives + capers
- Fruits: strawberries, oranges, grapefruit
- Seeds: sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds
- Nuts: almonds, cashews, walnuts.
- Lemon/lime juice
- Experiment! Try mushrooms, beans, eggs, garlic, etc,
Mix a spoonful or more of each of these
for a yummy fat burning salad dressing!